These Trim Me Creamy Candy Cups had me dancing a happy dance!!
I’ve been following the Trim Healthy Mama Plan for nearly 2 1/2 years, giving up my favorite candy bar… the 3 Musketeer. I really hadn’t found anything that replaced it. I do like my skinny chocolate but there is something about biting into a candy bar that I missed.
Until Now!! You can make these a couple different ways. Without the caramel they are reminiscent of a 3 Musketeers and with it a Milky Way. So the recipe for these creamy candy cups really is versatile.
And yep you can even add peanuts and get a ‘mock’ Snickers!
That’s what makes these Trim Me Creamy Candy Cups so Awesome!
Now these little treats are amazing in a few different ways… they are full of healthy ingredients like coconut oil, collagen, whey and okra. Yes these babies have okra in the filling and you will never even know it’s there!! The addition of all of these help with so many different things, coconut oil is great for your metabolism, collagen for your skin and digestive system, whey for your bones and metabolism again and okra well hey there digestive elixir!!
This recipe makes about 36 mini creamy candy cups which is quite a bit, I set the serving size to 2 mini cups but in all honesty you could probably have 3 or 4 without it being an issue. I just tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to treats like this.
You may get a bit extra of the nought filling but it freezes wonderfully and doesn’t lose anything if you need to do that. Just thaw it a bit so that you can scoop it out with your measuring spoon. and hey if there is extra caramel… well that is amazing on ice cream!
I really hope you enjoy these!!
- Serves: 18
- Serving size: 2
- Calories: 61
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- ⅜ cup hot water
- 1¼ teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup okra, frozen (cut)
- ¼ teaspoon sunflower lecithin
- 1½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Whey Protein Isolate
- 1⅛ teaspoons collagen powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ teaspoons THM Gentle Sweet (or Pyure All Purpose Stevia Blend)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon black strap molasses
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan Gum
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon caramel extract
- Make chocolate coating and coat the bottoms of cup liners with ½ of the chocolate mixture, freeze until hard. Reserve the other ½ of chocolate mixture to top candy cups after filling.
- For Filling
- Bring water to just be fore boiling. add gleatin and blend in a vented blender or use an immersion blender until foamy. Add coconut oil and butter blend to incorporate. add okra and blend until smooth.
- Add all other nougat ingredients and blend throughly to combine. Pour into chocolate cups and allow to set in the refrigerator or you can pour into a parchment lined pan and allow to set. This normally takes about an hour or so.
- Remove candy cup shells from freezer and place about ½ tsp of filling into each cup. place in freezer for 2-3 minutes and top with remaining chocolate mixture.
- If using caramel layer ½ tsp of caramel into each cup and place in freezer for a couple minutes and then top with chocolate topping.
- Place into freezer for 5-10 minutes or until firm.
- For Caramel
- While nougat is setting. heat butter, molasses and sweetener in a small sauce pan or skillet, allow sweetener to melt and brown slightly. it should boil for 2-3 minutes. remove from heat and add heavy cream and xanthan gum. whisk to combine. Allow to cool slightly.