I Love This Peanut Butter Custard Shake!
Being able to make this delicious peanut butter custard shake and still lose weight… BONUS!!!
Summertime is when we all seem to get really busy. So there are some time-saving tips that both Brenda and I have been using to make these wonderful custard shakes.
Here are a few of those tips:
- Scramble your eggs the night before and place in the fridge
- Have your work area free of clutter
- Store your measuring utensils close to the work area
- If it looks chunky blend again before adding the ice
There have been times while following the Trim Healthy Mama plan that I haven’t been able to afford protein powder or that I ran out before the next shipment arrived. When that happens don’t panic you can substitute 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or 0% plain Greek yogurt for the protein source. I’ve also been known to add the 1/2 cup of either of those to a shake or smoothie just to bump the protein up so that it fills me up for 3 hours plus it helps a lot with the creaminess of your shakes and smoothies.
There have been a lot of comments about the scrambled eggs being a weird ingredient. Let me just say that we chose to make these shakes in this manner for a few reasons
1. They Taste Great
2. Many people are concerned about ingesting raw eggs or egg whites
3. It is different from all of the other recipes out there
So I hope you will at least try one of these shakes even if it is for the novelty of seeing that the eggs really don’t mess with the texture and taste.
This Peanut Butter Custard Shake has another bonus… it contains chocolate bits …
I love the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
You could also add a Tablespoon or so of peanut butter crunch
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 774
- Fat: 58g
- Saturated fat: 31g
- Unsaturated fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 583mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 41g
- Cholesterol: 379mg
- 2 eggs, scrambled in coconut oil (can also use ⅓ cup egg whites)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBS THM Defatted Peanut Flour
- dash of high mineral salt
- ¼- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp THM Sweet Blend, or to taste
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup) THM pristine protein powder
- ½ tsp glucomannan powder
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBS sugar free chocolate chips, (Lily's or 1 square 85% chocolate)
- 1½ cup ice
- add first 8 ingredients to blender and process until smooth.
- with blender rinning sprinkle in the glucomannan powder and process for 30 seconds. allow to sit for 1 minute.
- add coconut oil with blender running to emulsify, add ice and process until creamy and thickened.
I always appreciate when you purchase your THM supplies from my Affiliate link, it really helps to pay the costs of this blog and allows me to continue my blogging activities.
These are some Items that I recommend from Amazon
Available September 15,2015