Chocolate Chip Cookies (Sugar Free, Low Carb)
Rick had surgery on Friday so things have been a bit crazy around here and I have a back log of blog posts to write, but these came out so great I just couldn’t wait to share the recipe.
These little gems passed with flying colors! With comments like:
“If you put these Chocolate Chip Cookies out at a party nobody would know they are “diet” cookies”
“These cookies are the closest you’ve come to a “real” cookie!
That’s huge praise from my cookie monster hubby… even my son who doesn’t eat THM normally liked these Chocolate Chip Cookies.
One thing about following the Trim Healthy Mama plan is that you have to use sugar alternatives not only in the cookies but also in the chocolate chips.
You can use Lily’s brand chocolate chips or you can make your own Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Baking Chips like I do. I will have to try these with my sugar-free Peanut Butter baking chips and of course these Cinnamon Baking Chips…
With the number of cookies that I make for my husband and myself to snack on they add a nice flavor change
. I have plans to make some peppermint and ginger spice chips also so stay tuned and visit the blog often to see all the adventures!
I normally eat about 3 of these cookies for a snack along with a baby frap or some beauty milk from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
Having ready to go snacks and treats helps me stay on plan in those busy moments or situations like last week when I was sitting in a hospital with limited access to on plan foods. Although I will say that the VA hospital did have boiled eggs, cheese cups and salads which allowed me to stay on plan in the waiting room and while I was sitting with Rick.
I did pack some other on plan snacks like an apple with peanut butter jigglegurt dip as well as some deli roll ups and string cheese.
I’ll stop rambling and give you the Sugar Free Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe…
- 2 TBS butter, Softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, I used part skim (you can also sub cream cheese)
- 2 TBS natural peanut butter, I used creamy (any nut or seed butter will work)
- ⅓ cup THM Gentle Sweet (or Pyure Organic Stevia Sweetener)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp maple extract
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp high mineral salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ cups stevia sweetened chocolate baking chips (or Lily's brand chips)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter, ricotta and peanut butter, add sweetener vanilla, maple extract and blend. Add eggs one at a time mixing well between additions.
- Sift almond flour, coconut flour baking powder and xanthan to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixing well.
- Stir in coconut flakes, chocolate chips and walnuts(if using).
- Place dough into freezer and preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop dough onto cookie sheets by rounded teaspoons.
- Bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes or until cookies begin to brown on tops.
We always Appreciate when you purchase from our Affiliate Links. It allows me to continue blogging and sharing recipes with you while I journey the Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle with you!!