Sugar Free Vanilla Cream Snack Cakes
So these Sugar-Free Vanilla Cream Snack Cakes are a new family favorite. I’m sure you have noticed that I make a lot of snack cakes and different snack treats around our house.
We enjoy these and don’t have to worry about blood sugar spikes or bad tummy aches. Yes, I get horrible tummy aches if I eat an off plan sweet.
These Vanilla Cream Snack Cakes are a little different from the ones I have posted in the past. They use the new THM Baking Blend instead of beans. I really like the texture of these snack cakes so will be remaking some of the others using the wonderful product. (I also know how we are all patiently waiting for it to come back in stock. When I run out I use this recipe for FP Easy Mix from Raye’s Place )
What’s your favorite memory of Twinkies? Personally, my mom sent other types of snacks with us in our lunches because she was feeding 4 of us. It wasn’t until I had my own children that I packed them into their lunches.
If you don’t have a “Twinkie” pan these can be made in a regular cupcake pan, it is a smaller recipe so it may only give you 10 cupcakes instead of 12.
- 1¼ cup THM Baking Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup THM Gentle Sweet or ¼ cup THM Sweet Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBS riccotta cheese (I used low fat)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- (for best results have everything at room temperature)
- ¾ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- 4 TBS unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz ⅓ fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 TBS heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350^. Generously coat your "twinkie" pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients (Baking blend, Baking powder and salt) over a piece of wax paper. In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sweetener on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and ricotta cheese. Add dry ingredients and mix to combine. Scraping the bowl until all is incorporated. Pour in the milk and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into pan cavities, fill approximately ¾ full. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Invert pan onto cooling rack and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Un mold and cool completely.
- Cream butter and cream cheese, add sweetener and beat to combine. Add vanilla extract and whipping cream. Whip until creamy. (you can adjust the amount of cream as needed for a creamy consistency)