I’m in love with this Sunrise Surprise Smoothie and just had to share!!!
It’s smooth it’s creamy and its Healthy!! It has a huge citrus kick and has a load of vitamin C as well as other additions.
For those that are following a trim and healthy lifestyle like I am … This is a rich and creamy sunrise surprise shake was inspired by the Singing Canary (recipe link) from the authors of Trim Healthy Mama which is an all time favorite of mine!!
I’m a little lazy when it comes to making the original Singing Canary, I don’t like peeling and blending whole lemons so I just use the bottled lemon juice.
I know, I know I’m not getting all the healthy benefits doing it this way but honestly it saves me time and ensures that I get at least SOME of the benefits.
I had trouble finding the vitamin C powder so I just crushed up some chewable vitamin C tablets in my coffee grinder, just make sure they don’t contain added sugar.
Being older and having dealt with Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 12, I’m always looking for ways to decrease inflammation. Turmeric is a spice that does this is some awesome ways.
We aren’t real fond of curries so trying to find new and different ways to increase my turmeric intake has been interesting to say the least. And I’m doing a fuel cycle this week.
I challenged myself to coming up with a way to enjoy a shake that contains turmeric and still make it smooth and creamy I started throwing stuff in the blender.
With the success of the Creamy Vanilla Custard Shake, I figured using some scrambled egg whites could help… along with some collagen, whey protein and 1% cottage cheese…
I added a touch of each of these to the blender and then added lemon juice,vitamin C powder, turmeric, ginger, sweet blend and some almond milk. Rounding it out with a splash or two of vanilla and orange extract.
Here’s the recipe that I ended up with…
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Unsaturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 774mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- ¼ cup soft cooked egg whites or (raw, pasteurized)
- ½ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs 1 % cottage cheese (optional)
- 2 tsp THM Super Sweet Blend (1 TBS Gentle Sweet) or to taste
- Dash salt (this is important DON"T FORGET!!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp orange extract
- 2 tsp Vitamin C powder (or crushed chewables)
- 1 tsp turmeric,
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 TBS collagen(optional)
- ½ tsp Glucc powder ( or xanthan gum) (optional)
- ¼ cup THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- 1 t coconut oil
- 2 cups ice
- soft scramble your egg whites in the 1 tsp of coconut oil. Let cool to room temp.
- Place the next 10 ingredients in the blender and process until smooth (you may need to process more than once if you don't have a high power blender).
- Add the whey powder and process again, add Ice and process until creamy.
We love and appreciate when you purchase your THM products through our affiliate link, it helps to fund this blog and my blogging activities.
Recommended Products from Amazon: