Quest bars are so very popular with Trim Healthy Mama‘s but they are pricey in my area. I found this great article about making homemade Quest bars and honestly I figured I would try it, with on plan ingredients of course.
I had some blackberry jelly (from this post) and I made some homemade sun butter (from this post) this morning and figured I might as well make some of these so that I have an on the go snack available. Yeah everyone ate the snack cakes…
The dough for mine came out really loose compared to what it should have been and because I didn’t want to keep adding ingredients I chose to roll them into balls and roll them in coconut shreds.
Recipes like this can be odd, if your nut butter is thicker than mine or if you use coconut oil instead of MCT oil you may have different results.
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 5
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Unsaturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- 1 cup protein powder
- ¼ cup sun butter
- ⅓ cup sweetener (I used Pyure Organic Stevia,All Purpose Sweetener)
- 2-4 tbsp. water (if you feel you need it)
- 4 Tbs blackberry jelly ( see my previous post)
- ¼ cup oat fiber powder
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds (Omit for lower carbs, best with)
- In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, oat flour (if using), nut butter and sweetener together.
- Scoop out the dough, shape into 5 bars and add to a sheet lined with parchment paper, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes to firm up.
These are an S snack for Trim Healthy Mama's like me