Oh MY!! You really are going to want to try this Chipolte Cheddar and Chicken Broccoli Crown.
After making the Cheddar Jack Cauliflower Bomb I really wanted to try with broccoli crowns, but didn’t want to load up on cream cheese for a second day this week.So I changed it up, as we Healthy Mama’s like to do…
(I DO love cream cheese, but it likes to stall my weight loss)
As many of you know I follow a Trim and Healthy Lifestyle with the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan.
This is an extremely satisfying meal with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, onions and cheddar cheese. Yes it is heavy in fat so it should be eaten occasionally instead of every day, but can you see the looks on people’s faces when the cut into this !!
My husband really liked the chipolte seasoning as well as the fact that it had chicken along with some mushrooms stuffed into the broccoli along with the cheese.
You boil the broccoli crowns for about 15-20 minutes…
let them cool and then stuff your fixings in between the florets as shown in the photo.
This time I topped it with 1/4 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of sour cream with a 1/2 tsp of chipolte seasoning mixed into it.
Sprinkled it with some cheddar shreds …and baked it at 350 for 20 minutes.
My husband and I were able to split this one for lunch and both of us were very satisfied when heading out the door to Church
- Serving size: 2
- Calories: 1439
- Fat: 119g
- Saturated fat: 63g
- Unsaturated fat: 48g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1808mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 84g
- Cholesterol: 361mg
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1 cup chicken pieces
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion cut into 8 wedges
- 15 cheddar cheese slices
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp chipolte seasoning
- ½-3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil the broccoli crown for 15 minutes or until tender (try not to over cook it). Let cool until you can handle it comfortably.
- Stuff the chicken, mushrooms and any other fixings in between the broccoli florets.
- slip the cheese slices in all over with the other fixings.
- Mix the mayo sour cream and chipolte seasoning and spread over entire broccoli crown and sprinkle on the shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
We want to say Thank you to everyone that has purchased Trim Healthy Mama products through our Affiliate link.
And remember there are 2 new books coming on September 15,1015…so be sure to pre-order them through amazon !!
(just click the photos)